Tomato, Onion, and Cucumber Salad
- 5 medium plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1/4 red onion, peeled, halved lengthwise, and thinly sliced
- 1 Kirby cucumber, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- A generous drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil, about 2 tablespoons
- 2 splashed red wine vinegar
- Coarse salt and black pepper
- Dress the tomatoes, onions, and cucumbers with olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Let stand about 20 minutes.
- Re-toss and serve salad with crusty bread for mopping up juices and oil.